The vision of the Sammy D Foundation is to:
- Provide leadership for the South Australian community to empower our youth with the skills to make safe and informed life choices.
- Develop a youth culture in South Australia where young people have skills, positive attitudes and role-models to support them to reach their maximum life potential.
The Sammy D Foundation encourages youth to reach their maximum life potential. Our emphasis is to empower youth to make safe and positive life choices.
Sammy D Foundation volunteers and staff, value youth and we strive to ensure that no young person is neglected, ignored or given up on.The Sammy D Foundation values positive role models and builds relationships upon mutual respect, life opportunities and resilience.
Sammy D Foundation services are:
- Delivered in a positive, dynamic, energetic and responsive fashion.
- Of a high standard.
- Based on an empowerment/strengths based approach.
- Provided with professionalism and integrity.
The Sammy D Foundation believes that:
- We are all collectively responsible for creating positive and sustainable change and preventing harm.
- Violence is unacceptable and against the law.
- All people should be treated with respect and dignity and have the right to respectful relationships.
- Safety is paramount to a strong community.
The Aims of the Sammy D Foundation are to, in pursuit of the objects:
- Measurably reduce youth crime in South Australia.
- Raise awareness of harm-causing behaviours.
- Bring families closer together.
- Nurture positive relationships, particularly mateship.
- Provide youth with opportunities to be successful and feel valued by their community.