The Sammy D Foundation are an Approved Provider on the Panel of Providers for the provision of Care Mentoring for young people under Guardianship of the Chief Executive.
This program aims to:
- assist Children and Young People to be supported in their education, training and employment to achieve success and reach their full potential.
- support the care experience of Children and Young People and promote their emotional wellbeing, positive mental health, connection with community and prepare them for adulthood.
All referrals for this program must come via the Department for Child Protection (DCP) and are to be directed to the Department for Education (DFE) Mentor Coordinator.
The Mentor Coordinator will then forward referrals onto Approved Providers.
The Sammy D Foundation cannot accept DCP referrals directly, they must first be sent by DCP Socials Workers to the DFE for consideration.
Charter of Rights for Children and Young People in Care
The Sammy D Foundation is a Champion of the Charter of Rights for Children and Young People in Care. For more information on the Charter click here.
Feedback and Complaints Process
The Sammy D Foundation is open to receiving feedback and is committed to seeking appropriate resolution of any complaints.
How to provide Feedback
- We’d love to hear your thoughts on our Care Mentoring Program. Please click here to send us your feedback.
How to make a Complaint
- Contact our Care Mentoring Coordinator or call 8374 1678, to arrange a time to meet and discuss your concerns as soon as possible.
- If you are unable to resolve your concerns you may want to contact our Program Manager or General Manager or call 8374 1678, to arrange a time to meet and discuss your concerns. The Foundation will aim to resolve your complaint as soon as possible.
- If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction you can contact the Department for Education’s Care Mentoring Team or call 8226 2130. More information about the Department’s feedback process on third party providers can be found here.